Sunday, January 22, 2017

Marinating in Meditation

We, as humans, get caught up. We get busy in our everyday lives, in the so called "whirlwind". We forget what is important to us. We tell ourselves we'll get to it later because we don't have time or we don't make the time. We live everyday jamming as many activities as we can without time for reflection on our lives and on the lives that we touch. Today, after a bit of a shock to my "whirlwind", I realized that I had been "caught up".

I have always been a spiritual person, believing in a greater power and wanting to get more in touch with myself whether that be through prayer, yoga or meditation. I truly believe that I have some control over my choices and decisions in my life, but at the same time I believe someone has already mapped out my life and while I may take different turns, everything happens exactly how it is supposed to happen at exactly the right time. But recently, I had forgotten to just breathe and live and be satisfied and was trying to control my life, being selfish in what I desire and not what the universe desires for me.

Luckily or not so luckily, depending on how you look at it, a challenging morning was able to snap me out of that "whirlwind" and allowed me to focus on myself and realign with my beliefs. While I've had plenty of time by myself, I haven't taken time for myself and for self-reflection. So, this afternoon, I took four hours by myself for self-reflection and meditation. Four hours without any distractions to empty all the negative energy out of my body, to look at the person I've been lately and to remind myself of my ultimate goal in life, inner peace.

In those four hours, I was able to relocate my zen (which had been the most off kilter lately). To find my inner peace. To remember the person that I want to strive to be everyday: loving, caring, understanding, full of joy. To remind myself that you have to "Let go, and Let God". My suggestion to you, dear reader, is to take the same time for yourself, you might be surprised on what you find when you are done. I'm leaving this day and this blog feeling a little more blessed with what I have in my life, a little more open to what may happen in the future and a little more loved by myself for who I am and what I stand for. And at the end of the day, that is all I can really ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment